You are here
ACE, is a collaborative office designed to streamline special event permitting. ACE is anchored by teams from transportation, music, police, fire and EMS departments as well as other departments, agencies and facilities. For general inquiries, email SpecialEvents@austintexas.gov or call 512-974-1000.
New ACE Special Event Application Coming Soon
The Austin Center for Events is excited to announce it is working on a new ACE Special Event Application process. To be released in phases, this new process will be a streamlined one-stop-shop for all special event permitting needs including permit review, issuance, inspection and payments.
The first phase will include application submittal and staff review, and will be available Monday, October 7.
What to Know:
- Access to the Special Event Application will remain on the Austin Center for Events website at AustinTexas.gov/ACE.
- Phase one of the new application process will begin Monday, Oct. 7.
- ACE staff are putting together an easy, step-by-step how-to document to assist special event applicants with the new application system.
Additionally, ACE staff are planning an informational training workshop for applicants to attend and learn about our new .
- Date: Monday, Sept. 30
- Time: 9 – 11 a.m.
- Location: One Texas Center, 505 Barton Springs Road
- RSVP: https://forms.gle/fjzxravTq925psn
UT Austin Football Game Upcoming Road Closures
At the heart of our city lives the University of Texas at Austin, with the Texas Longhorns football team taking the field at the Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium once again this Fall. Please be aware of and plan ahead for the road closures associated with these games. Fall 2019 schedule: Aug. 31, Sept. 7, Sept. 21, Oct. 19, Nov. 9, Nov. 29.
Check out our guide to the City
From transportation options to tips for exploring the best Austin has to offer, view our Spring Festival guide here.